Part-time lecturer – Pomona, California
Interested in academia? The Communication Department at Cal Poly Pomona is looking to expand its pool for part-time lecturers.
In particular, they have a need for someone with a feature writing background to teach its magazine writing course in spring quarter (March 26-June 8).
Interested parties can pass along their resume/CV to Jason Turcotte at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Relations Account Executive – Los Angeles, California
Lucky Break Public Relations – Los Angeles, CA
$50,000 – $60,000 a year – Full-time, Commission
Interested applicants should inquire at Info@luckybreakpr.com
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERIENCED PUBLICIST
We’re a small, dynamic, and growing public relations firm looking for an exceptional public relations professional to join our stellar team.
Our clients range from tech start-ups and venture studios to luxury travel brands, health and wellness clients, consumer product goods, festivals and non-profits.
Ideal candidate MUST have a highly creative pitch capacity as well as possess strong writing skills, be a diligent and thorough researcher and possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
This position would work with our hospitality clients within travel, hotel, food & beverage, and spirits brands. In depth knowledge of these industries are ideal.
Specific Job Duties
- Draft press collateral: Press Releases, Media Alerts, Client Bios
- Assist in implementing strategic campaign initiatives
- Create compelling pitches that get noticed
- Maintain regular status update reports for clients
- Pitch media, follow up and secure features
- Prep material for client meetings: Agendas, notes, coverage updates
- Assist in managing press shoots/interviews
- PR Event onsite management (Red Carpet, Galas, Festivals, Press Conferences, etc.)
- Strong writing skills
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Solid track record securing relevant press coverage a plus
- Must be proficient with Cision and TV Eyes
- Must have 2-5 years of agency experience. Actual work experience not internships.
- Must have solid California media contact relationships
- Professional references and writing samples will be required and verified
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary Range: 50k-60k per year base salary with additional bonus and commission potential
- Benefits: Full Health Benefits
- Job Location: Los Angeles, CA near The Grove
- Required experience: Public Relations Agency Experience: 2-5 years
- Required education: Bachelor’s degree
- Required language: English